Maxpower

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Holi & the Incredible Hulk

Holi is a festival that is celebrated by all communities. It’s a festival of colours. It marks the beginning of summer season and is a real celebration in India.

We started our own Holi festival in work last Thursday. The day started off fairly normally. However the mood was lightened when we were told that we would be having the forthcoming Bank Holiday off..Woo hoo 4 full days.

We were all gathered together in the Break out area and the boss started off the ceremony. There were 4 plates full of coloured powdered dye. Everyone then proceeded to cover each other in the stuff. In the space of about 5 minutes we were all brightly coloured and having a whale of a time. Now the powder is quite timid and comes off fairly easily. That being said I spent a good ten minutes afterwards cleaning up. I went to outside again and was confronted by a few of the guys. They assured me that they didn't have any more powder and convinced me to join them outside. Why did I believe them?? One of them sneaked around me and covered me in Green powder....Don't get me mad.You wouldn't like it when I'm mad?? To be honest it was in the spirit of the day and I really enjoyed myself.

However as I said before, this was only in preperation for what was to come. The actual festival started on Saturday....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home