Maxpower

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The Pain. The Pain

Hmm..After you guy's nagging me here's another thrilling installment to the blog. To be honest I am struggling to write/type this as it's been a fairly crappy weekend for me..It started on Saturday when we were told that there had been a meningitis outbreak in Delhi, and we needed to get injections as a precautionary measure

How can I sum this up??? I feckin hate needles. Now I know it's a lot better than getting ill, but the very thought of them makes me sick. It isn't just the needle, but the clinic itself. Don't get me wrong the clinic was well equipped, clean, but holy moly it was totally diorganised chaos(as opposed to organised chaos??)..Patients running in and out of rooms, doctors trying to find out where so & so had gone....

Eventually me & Suse were in the room waiting for the shot. Sue promised me a treat if I was a brave boy and let the nurse inject me? I kid you not this was the only way to persuade me. The injection itself wasn't too bad..Don't know what all the fuss was about? However my arm swelled up and I felt fairly crappy afterwards.

This was topped off by picking up a rather dodgy stomach infection the day afterwards. All in all an excellent few days. This is now coupled with me having to combat the 40+ degrees every day..Me, sweat???

3 Comments:

  • Man,
    You're having some crazy fun in India!
    M

    By Blogger Mark Slattery, at 1:50 PM  

  • Hey Beej its Sheila..see u guys on Tuesday morningt, I'll be back in Delhi just after 9am..Tell Rajou to get extra Kingfisher in.
    Ego's on Friday?

    and remember..
    A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

    In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells.

    Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:51 AM  

  • So you watch 'Cheers' do you..?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home