Maxpower

Monday, April 11, 2005

Eeeh. When I was a lad???

I don't know. I've only been 30 years old for about 19 hours and I'm already thinking about where the years have gone??

Here are some things I miss about being a kid. If you think of some then please add a comment.

1. Holding the end of your coat on a windy day, and seeing how far you get blown around the school playground.

2. Being the hero in 'kick ball hide' when you dash towards the football, releasing all your friends from capture.

3. Having a full day of water fights, during the summer holidays. How long did that six weeks last??

4. Getting 50p off my grandad every Sunday and buying football stickers, 20p mix, and a copy of 'Eagle'

5. Seeing a zx Spectrum for the first time & marvelling at seeing my name appear on the screen

10 PRINT "Brian is cool"
20 GOTO 10
RUN


6. Getting my first ever wages. That was working on Salford Market on the Shoe Stall. Think I earned about five pounds for the whole day

7. Playing Kingy. K-I-N-G-Y Spells Kingy, Ralivo, British Bulldog.

8. Watching programmes such as 'Dungeons & Dragons', Knightmare, Dramarama. They just don't make them the same anymore, do they??

9. Me and our kid playing football at the bottom of the flats, on Sutton Estate. I think we once played till one of scored 100 goals.

10. Playing A-Team, and me and 3 mates arguing who gets to play Hannibal.

5 Comments:

  • 10 PRINT "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATE!!"
    20 PRINT "****************"
    30 PRINT "Love J 1"
    40 GOTO 10
    RUN

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:49 AM  

  • 10 PRINT "Jay loves Brian"
    20 PRINT "Jay is gay!"
    30 GOTO GAY VILLAGE

    By Blogger Mark Slattery, at 3:11 AM  

  • That would work if GAY VILLAGE was a constant of 10 and it had no spaces, otherwise it is illegal syntax. Explains alot about you mark really :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:46 AM  

  • ....sounds a bit like a lover's tiff is happening....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:50 AM  

  • Oi Big Man - post an update. It's been over a week now, sort it out!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home