Maxpower

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Poor Old Sebastian

Last night I had possibly the nicest meal since I've been here. The place is called Pan Asian, and is located inside the hotel. Although I've been there a few times, yesterday was the first time that we sat at the hot plate & had the food prepared in front of us...

My taste buds seem to have changed during my time here. Normally I'll stay away from Seafood of any description. In fact the closest I got was a couple of Bird's eye fishfingers??

However over here I can't get enough of the stuff. Any time I go out to eat I tend to have prawns for every starter. Last night I went Sea food crazy..Prawns soaked in Garlic, Prawn soup..Which tastes better than it sounds, and the big daddy for the main course was...Lobster

Now coming from the very poshest areas of Salford, Namely Sutton flats. Lobster, believe it or not didn't tend to be part of our staple diet. Much more along the lines of Carpet Burgers, Mince & mash, and anything that could be cooked in the deep fat fryer.

Now back to the giant crustacean. It looked like it had come from a cheesy 1940's monster flick..It was huge. The guy cooking for us was trying to show off as well..To make the fried rice he chopped the egg in half in mid air..Surprisingly Mark the rice was already cooked before he made fried rice...Weird that isn't it??

The lobster by the way was superb..I would have felt sorry for the creature but apparently after reading the fact that Lobsters, like Grasshoppers - feel no pain.
They have a decentralized nervous system with no cerebral cortex, which in humans, is where a reaction to painful stimuli proceeds..I didn't feel as guilty.

Everybody now....

Under the sea
Under the sea
Darling it's better
Down where it's wetter
Take it from me
Up on the shore they work all day
Out in the sun they slave away
While we devotin'
Full time to floatin'
Under the sea........

And for those of you that are pedantic, then ok, I know that Sebastian isn't a Lobster, but a crab....but who really cares

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home