Maxpower

Thursday, April 28, 2005

'Mr Sandman bring me a dream'

I was in work last night and went to get a drink. Walking past the balcony area I saw from of the strangest sights since I've been here. The normally bright, sun drenched landscape was a dusty muted brown.

After watching this weird sight for a few seconds I soon realised that I was witnessing a Sandstorm. My range of vision was reduced to a few metres. There are some buildings near the office and the dust & sand totally obscured these. I almost expected a group of Tusken Raiders to emerge from the billowing sands???

The wind was howling and I was certainly glad that I was in the safe confines of the office. On the way back from work there were uprooted trees, Billboards blown over & the traffic was a nightmare. Most of the cars had a fine sheen of dust on them...

Even the locals here said they can't remember seeing a sandstorm that bad in Delhi before.

1 Comments:

  • When I was flying back from Chicago, I sware I saw the Arora Borealis/Northern Light out of the plane window.

    M

    By Blogger Mark Slattery, at 3:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home