Maxpower

Friday, February 18, 2005

A dash of Reality

I have just taken my first break of the day. I was in the break out area and caught myself gazing out of the window.
There was a child of about 9-10 year old. Her job was simple. She had to carry bowl fulls of sand, on her head, to the construction workers. This meant the same repetitive exercise of going back and forth between the pile of sand, and the workers.
I could guess the sand weighed in access of 15 lbs. She would do this same job all day,12 hours a day, 6 days a week.
Her pay would be equivalent to about 40p per day......

Now I'm not on to preach, but I know myself that I will never moan about work again....

Lucky does not even come close

1 Comments:

  • Sounds like when we cleared the jungle that was the garden!!

    Do you have any pictures that you could post?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home